Keep your feet on the pedals with Power Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your feet on the pedals with Power Grips

Clipless pedals are great for MSers. They lock your foot onto the bike pedal (no more feet flying off!), allowing you to use the full power of every stroke. I love mine.

But learning to use clipless pedals can be tricky. And if your balance is challenged from MS, you are probably better served using a different type of pedal.

My bike expert friend suggests Power Grips straps.
    http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...5_10000_201491

He also says toe clips (baskets) can get hung up on shoes. Power Grips straps are suppose to be easy in/out. Another bonus: they are more affordable than a new set of clipless pedals and bike shoes (not to mention the band aids that you'll need to learn how to use them).
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I tried to put clipless pedals on my trike, but the crank shaft wasn't compatible (an odd diameter) so I went with straps. I just got generic though and have to tighten them to almost circulation cutting tightness. Using the AFO's while I bike helps keep my feet lined up and stops them twisting off but whith the spasms still have to tie them down, but at least I can do that easily enough. Now just have to get over this sprained ankle so i can go ride again!

Comment

Working...
    X