How to Exercise With MS: Advice From a Physical Therapist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Exercise With MS: Advice From a Physical Therapist

This EverydayHealth article is co-written by PT Herb Karpatkin, an ActiveMSers contributor—How to Exercise With Multiple Sclerosis : Advice From a Physical Therapist. Read it!

https://www.everydayhealth.com/colum...cal-therapist/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Dave, thanks for posting Herb's article. He knows his stuff. Unfortunately, I have found in my own experience that even when a PT is supposed to be trained on how to help patients with MS (neuro weakness) the PT really has a basic overall understanding of neuro issues.

Do you or Herb know of a specific designation that would indicate a PT has special expertise in treating MS patients?

Also, does Herb have a view or way to address insurance's requirement that a PT patient improve in order to continue treatment? Maintaining strength and flexibility or having less frequent bad/ weaker days is a positive outcome for MS patients. But it seems insurers disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Suebee View Post
      Do you or Herb know of a specific designation that would indicate a PT has special expertise in treating MS patients?
      I recently changed neurologists and subsequently was referred to a new PT. This PT speaks my language and the certificate on her wall indicates she specializes in neurological conditions. It has made such a difference! I felt totally validated after my first session with her vs trying to explain myself. I spent several years with a PT who really didn’t understand MS.

...\O/...
      Liv__Well
      ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Working...
      X