NEW coupon codes for concealable cooling vests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW coupon codes for concealable cooling vests

Both of these vests are meant to be worn under the clothes. I'll be testing these vests shortly and let everyone know how well they work. In the meantime, shoot me an e-mail if you want to purchase one and I'll send you the coupon code. Please note the year of your MS diagnosis (honor system). More details will be in our newsletter and at www.ActiveMSers.org.

Glacier Tek (10% discount)
    For concealable cooling (phase change): http://store.coolvest.com/p-24-conce...est-white.aspx

Polar Products (10% discount)
    For concealable cooling (ice): http://store.polarsoftice.com/polars...&idproduct=254
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

The two vests have arrived and I'll be putting them through their paces over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Vests are being frozen and prepped. I've never worn cooling aids under clothes before, so this should be interesting. I wonder how "concealable" they really are....
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Id like the coupon code. Can you provide it, please?

Comment

Coupon codes are in the Member's Only section of the forum....
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

RPCM vest

My $.02: I decided to go with the Glacier Teck RPCM vest and got it in the mail yesterday. I went on a short walk yesterday and it kept my torso area cool on a 90+ degree, humid Oklahoma evening. The vest is definitely not concealable unless you are wearing a shirt 2-3x your normal size. It seemed a little heavy when I took it out of the packaging, but I didn't really feel weighted down once I was wearing it. My shirt was not soaked with sweat or humidity from the vest after the walk. The vest didn't seem to cumbersome and I plan to wear it during my bike rides.

Overall, it was pretty much what I expected.

Comment

access

hi.
              i don't have p/w for access to members section.
              how/where can i get it?

thx

Comment

Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Do you have a discount code for Veskimo cooling systems?

Comment

Not right now, but it is on my to-do list to ask them. If you reach them before I do, send them my way!
                    Dave Bexfield
                    ActiveMSers

Comment

I was diagnosed in 2006, I have signed up as a member. I would like the code for the vest as I am ready to purchase. Thank you!

Comment

Sign up at www.activemsers.org and follow the e-mail instructions. You've successfully registered on the forum, but that is not actually necessary to join ActiveMSers (or to get into the Member's Only area of the forum for that matter). But it does allow you to post, so your efforts were not entirely in vane.
                        Dave Bexfield
                        ActiveMSers

Comment

Pre-cooling vs. cooling during exercise

Dave,
                          You never said how you liked the concealable vest.

Wanted to know if you recommend using the cooling vest, to pre-cool the core before working out or using it during working out? I live in a very hot and humid climate - Alabama, and summer is here! The cooling vest I bought only stays cool for about an hour, and isn't suitable for long usage outside.

The reason I'm asking, I'm participating in my second triathlon this coming weekend. Temperatures are expected in the mid 90's. The run kicks my bu**, and I really pay for it when I get overheated!

Thanks!

Comment

Debbie, all testing results are posted on the main ActiveMSers site. I forgot to put the link here, though. Here you go!

http://activemsers.org/gear/testcoolingvests.html
                            Dave Bexfield
                            ActiveMSers

Comment

i am registered and my welcoming e-mail didn't contain a password to access the members only forum. I am in the middle of purchasing the first line tech vest, and i was hoping to use the coupon code from you. please advise in case im missing something. and THANK YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X