Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater wheelchair!?!

Whoa, this is pretty cool. -D

British artist Sue Austin creates multimedia, performance, and installation art, using her wheelchair as a means to explore new patterns of movement. In 2012, Austin was commissioned to create a series of multimedia events as part of that year’s Cultural Olympiad, in conjunction with the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics. The result, titled “Creating the Spectacle!” is a spectacular immersive dance performance and underwater exploration, which was shot near Sharm el Sheik, Egypt by Norman Lomax of Moving Content. You can watch a portion of the film below.

In the film, Austin uses her arms to guide her through the water, and she wears a summery dress with her long hair flowing freely, as she navigates through schools of fish and past massive coral reefs. Her underwater wheelchair is adapted from a standard-issue National Health Service chair, with battery powered propellers and perspex aerofoils to control turns. Austin hopes that the adaptations will be more widely available at diving centers in the future to make diving more inclusive.

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/...in-underwater/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Cool!

That right there is way cool! I thought I was a clever engineer, but this is brilliant!
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X