No announcement yet.

MSers in Training 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year! Just checking in to give the Yoga report... thumbs up to making it there New Year's Day. I think I get extra points for going out at 7:30 am in...seriously..... minus 11 degrees. And that's not the wind chill. Like so many of us all, this area is really, really cold lately. I found myself humming the "Ride of the Valkyries" as I drove over hill and dale and the wind whipped around, and then during the VERY cold but short walk into the library. Just very funny.. about a third of the regulars showed so I felt good.

And Dave, I was wrong about her being in cahoots with you to get me to "put down the cookie and exercise"....after class she invited us to stay for some home made chai and COOKIES! BEST of both worlds!!

I leave Sunday am for Steamboat for the week long adaptive ski camp and am so excited about this. Really want them to put me through my paces to help me refine some sloppy skills, which I know will translate into improved confidence. I've lost much of the past two seasons in the East here with all my shoulder issues, and it has taken a hit on my confidence so they have their work cut out for them. Been doing regular rowing and have really just started inside cycling, but have been doing all this in HIIT, plus some yoga geared for help with skiing, along with my regular balance checks and stretching. Once I am back I very much need to spend some time lining up a good, do-able inside exercise regimen for the winter for strength and cardio. The fact, Larry, that you can do your routine in about an hour helps me to see the strength training is do-able for me here at home with hand weights, therabands and the Bow-Flex.

Carry on all!
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Working...
    X