traveling overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traveling overseas

Greetings, My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this spring does anyone have any ideas that could help to simplify? I do have Primary Progressive MS and I realize that a venture of this magnitude will have some obivious draw backs, namely walking, standing, and handy restrooms. But I am detrermined. Any feedback will be appreciated.

This is very good!!

http://www.activemsers.org/tipstrick...ingwithms.html

Comment

And this too!!
      http://www.activemsers.org/tipstricks/carpediem.html

Comment

Two more.

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/

Go to the General Forum and search Travel.

Comment

travel tips

Thanks for the information. I will look these the listed sites. This is exciting but a little scary.

Comment

Have fun and let us know how it goes!!!

Comment

Saab9K, I'm off to France in a short while. Say hi if you see me wandering around Paris with my forearm crutches! I'm always a bit scared right before a big trip these days, but once the holiday starts the brain relaxes. It will for you, too. Have a wonderful time!
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

The Short List

Traveling overseas, the short list:

1) Passport
                2) Tickets
                3) Money (cash and credit cards)

You wouldn't believe how many times I've seen people forget one of these essential things.

Have fun all,

Comment

Hello! Do you know what to do about medication when not staying at places with fridges or cool places?
                  I will be backpacking through Australia July-November and then visiting Thailand for a bit. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on all of the things I forget to pack, plus the ups and downs of travelling with MS. I hope I can contribute a little bit to the tips Dave and others have already posted on the blog and in the forum.
                  I've started a blog and I hope to write in it regularly while travelling for all of you, and I hope some will share stories with me (http://nikosfantasticjourneythroughlife.blogspot.ca/).

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about how your trip went, best of luck!!! ...and write a list of things not to forget! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Niko View Post
                    Hello! Do you know what to do about medication when not staying at places with fridges or cool places?
                    :P
                    Niko- I take copaxone and it can be left at room temperature (59-86 degrees)for up to 30 days, but it is still a challenge traveling. There are probably other people on this forum that have a lot more experience traveling with their medication than I do,but when I backpack for up to 10 days, I pack my copaxone in the middle of my pack next to my water bladder which helps it stay cooler. I also make sure I always leave my pack in the shade (if there is any) and never leave my pack in the tent during the day; However, these are all short term fixes. A trip for multiple months like you are planning would be a whole different ballgame. I wonder if the phase change cooling cells used in some cooling vests might be useful in keeping medication at the right temperature? Some of them can apparently be recharged with cold water. When I was first diagnosed I had several backpacking/kayaking trips planned over the next couple of months. My neurologist told me he thought it would be ok to put off starting the medication for a couple of months, which I did. I don't necessarily recommend that, but you should talk to your neuro about the options. Good luck planning your trip. It sounds like a great adventure. Keep us posted.
                    -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
                      Saab9K, I'm off to France in a short while. Say hi if you see me wandering around Paris with my forearm crutches! I'm always a bit scared right before a big trip these days, but once the holiday starts the brain relaxes. It will for you, too. Have a wonderful time!
                      Thanks for your encouragement. I just finished looking at the article you posted on forearm crutches. I think I would feel more secure venturing around with crutches then my cane. Paris is not a stop for us this time although I love to visit during the Tour deFrance. Have a great time.

Comment

Working...
                      X