Veloped: the all-terrain walker for active people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veloped: the all-terrain walker for active people

Recently got an e-mail from a fellow active MSer who had a recommendation for a rollator: the Veloped. Here's what she had to say....

My husband found me a great walker that I use when walking around block or at places that makes it easier/more comfortable for me other than a cane or walking sticks. It's all terrain - MUCH sturdier than regular walkers - was able to walk on beach and forest trails in California with it. It's WONDERFUL. It breaks down and is not very heavy (20-25lbs). It's great to get around airports, zoos, etc. Runs approx. $1000. It comes in different heights and with different accessories (tires, etc). I just LOVE it.
    Looks like it can handle obstacles like curbs and cobblestones pretty easily. I may try to investigate the Veloped (made by Trionic) with a review or test if members are interested. In the meantime, check out the website:

http://www.trionic.us/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I've got a Trionic Veloped and it has totally transformed my life. I am not worried about going anywhere outside now.

The Veloped is designed to cope with kerbs, rocks, uneven surfaces. I regularly walk up a trail on a nearby hill with no problem and can even go onto the beach. The Veloped can be used in supermarkets and other indoor public places.

I've used other good rollators but this is the best one by far. Designed by a Swiss bicycle engineer. Buy it direct from the manufacturer and you'll get personal service from Stefan, the designer.

Wendy (in the UK)

Comment

Here's another review, also very positive.

I've been using a Veloped rollator by tronic for about a year. They're made for people that need to use a rollator but want to remain active. My model is actually made for hiking in the woods and is capable of climbing over obstacles like a small tree trunk laying on the ground. It will climb up on up on a curb without a handicap curb cut. It has held up well. There are a few add-ons to consider.

By the way they run about $1800. A strategy for getting expensive items that we have successfully used is monitoring you yearly cash outlays and if you're at your catastrophic limit, that is the time to get the expensive stuff. It took some doing, but we got BCBS to buy it with no copy. It took a doctor's letter stating that I needed this model and why I needed it.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Another friend picked one up. All aces so far. A good option, especially if you live and walk in rural areas....
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

I purchased the Trionic 14er rollator. I absolutely love it. Sturdy, well designed and well made. I love it but probably not as much as my golden retriever who gets to walk right alongside. I live in northern Minnesota and it works fine on snow and ice. Great product and has helped me be more active outdoors than I have for several winters.

Comment

Working...
          X