Flashlight for wheelchair/walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight for wheelchair/walker

After a friend of mine was struggling with seeing at night for a.m. dashes to the bathroom (even with nightlights), it got me thinking. If he just had a light he could attach to his walker, it could brighten up his path without having lights blazing all night. Enter Life Mounts.

Life Mounts makes a very affordable flashlight for walkers and wheelchairs: $19.95 (regularly $39.95). Other lights they make also attach to backpacks, hydration packs, strollers, bikes, etc. Perfect for our active bunch, so the founder, a marine biologist, sent me one of his flashlights to test.

After playing around with it a bit, it gets my thumbs up: well built, affordable, and versatile. The LED shines quite brightly (can be seen from up to 1000 feet away) and it has three levels: high, low, and strobe. Water resistance is a big plus. And it's small and light (operates on just one AA battery). With the Velcro, you can attach it just about anywhere.

Check them out. http://www.lifemounts.com/

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Trying the flashlight on my bike today. Using "strobe" mode.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Strobe mode works great on my bike and really makes the rider stand out (important in a low-slung trike), and it attaches super quick (I use just the standard pack light). If there is a post, this light can probably strap on to it. I'm guessing you'll get about 10 hours of use out of one battery, so rechargeables might make sense if you use it regularly.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X