Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermapparel feedback

Some real-world feedback from a member of ActiveMSers. - D

Hey Dave, I just wanted to thank you for the help with picking a cooling vest.

I purchased the Thermapparel Undercool before my sister's outdoor wedding. It was a scorcher, but I kept cool by putting the vest on under my shirt prior to the ceremony. I was outside in the sun over 45minutes without breaking a sweat or any other heat symptoms, and i could have been out longer. The vest could have lasted much longer.

Thanks again for the valuable review and additional info. Wish you the best, take care.

Aaron
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

A follow up. I just wore mine to a ballgame with near 100-degree temps. I put it on when I got into the stadium to maximize its cooling lifespan (rather than wear it in our air-conditioned car). While temps cooled a bit after sundown, it was still in the 90s in the 7th and the vest still had charge. Got a solid three hours out of it!

The next weekend, wore it to an outdoor BBQ and no one had a clue I was wearing it under my T shirt. Again got about 3 hours of wear. Note that ABQ has low humidity, so that may influence cooling duration, not sure...
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks Dave and Aaron

Dave and Aaron,

Glad your vest is working out so well for you! We are so happy you were able to enjoy the wedding Aaron!

Wow 3 hours is a long time! We have seen a wide range in testing the undercool(45 minutes to over 3 hours); humidity, outside temperature, and activity level all seem to play an integral roll in how long any vest will last. A great reason for everyone to check out all the vests available and look at dave's suggestions for which one will fit there needs best

Comment

So a follow up, so folks don't get too excited. The 3 hours are outliers in our routine testing. On a recent bike ride (90s, midday, hard exercise), we got 1 hour 20 minutes max. For a car show, also outdoors and midday, the vest was exhausted in an hour and a half.

Those are more typical numbers. Still impressive, but not eye-popping....
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X