View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:35 PM
MS Yoda

Great pics Dave! I guess if I have a New Years resolution it will be to take more pics while I'm on the bike. And thanks for starting the thread.

I also got outside last Tuesday. It was cold, wet, windy and icy but there seemed to always be a way through the crap for my two wheeled skinny tire bike. I found, not having ridden since the Tour de Tucson in late November, that my strength was impressively good, my cardio was also just fine but my endurance was completely trashed. I only managed a scant 12 miles over a hilly course and was very happy to be done at that.

In place of riding, I've been hitting the weights and the elliptical, each twice a week, increasing weight and time every week. I need to get some core going.

As for goals, I've had that Pikes Peak climb on my mind for a couple of years now so I've determined this is the year, "Pikes Peak or Bust." Although I don't expect to ever make it all the way to the top, I do think it'll be interesting to see just how far I can get. Of course if, by some form of divine intervention or what not, I did make it all the way, I would most certainly acquire enormous bragging rights, which I would then be forced to exercise at various cycling events such as the Copper Triangle and possibly the NM MS 150.

We shall see, we shall see,

Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 01-06-2016 at 07:38 PM.