View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Well, so much for TSA Pre! After my first blissful experience, they changed the screening program to heighten security. So what was a big time saver now amounts to basically I get to leave my shoes on. (I don't wear belts or coats indoors.) That's essentially the only difference for me. So I am back to the 10-minute pat down with gloves up the inner thighs, down the backside, etc, etc. Suck.

Quote:
What if I have TSA Pre✓ and I use a wheelchair or scooter?

As a TSA Pre✓-eligible traveler, you are allowed to leave on your shoes, belt, and light jackets, unless instructed otherwise by a TSA officer. TSA Pre✓-eligible travelers are also allowed to keep their laptops and 3-1-1 compliant liquids in their carry-on luggage. Your screening process is determined by your ability to stand and walk. If you can stand and walk without the support of a person or device, you may be screened using advanced imaging technology or walk-through metal detector. If you can neither stand nor walk, you will be screened by a patdown while you remain seated.

A transportation security officer will physically inspect your wheelchair or scooter, including the seat cushions and any non-removable pouches or packs. If the wheelchair or scooter has any removable pouches or bags, you will need to remove them for x-ray screening.