Where there is a will to exercise....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where there is a will to exercise....

Got this from Anne, the wife of a fellow active MSer. Great to see Tom is staying active no matter what, even if it requires a bit of ingenuity. - D

--------------

Where there's a will there's a way! My husband Tom (diagnosed 1991) slipped off his Schwinn Airdyne a couple of weeks ago so we started looking for a safer bike, like a recumbent (NuStep, Biodex). Trouble was, those didn't give his legs the kind of range of motion that he gets on the bike. So....we tried doing it with the U-sling and Hoyer, and voila! He rode his bike today, safe in the sling in case he slipped. He loves it! (You need the right kind of spreader bar and the right size sling so there's head room.) Thought you'd like hearing a success story, and thanks for your morale-boosting humor and information.
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Love it, love it, love it.... The inventiveness, the perseverance and Tom's SMILE!!!! Keep on Rollin', Tom.....I'm cheering you on....
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

That's great! Way to go Tom! I'll think of you to motivate me on my stationary bike. If Tom can do it, well why can't I?

Comment

Working...
      X