No announcement yet.

Biotin Trial in SPMS and PPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Vernonica! That is great! I went to pharmacy and bought biotin bottle today. Do you know if there is a difference in brands or quality? I bought nature made 5000 mcg soft gels to try it. Thanks for posting update. Suebee

Comment

Yes, I know I would need to consume the entire $14 bottle of biotin to take one day of 100 mg 3x. sigh. I'm not in the study. I dont buy in bulk yet. and It was on sale.... I figured It could be a warm up. a little hope in a jar.

Comment

Amazing news, Veronica!

Comment

I'm on 100mg, 3x a day for my trial. Haven't noticed anything major, but I may be on the placebo. That said, I'm waking up way early (4-5 am) and get the occasional headache. I never get headaches.

Of course, I did just set a distance PR on my trike (21 mi.) so you never know....
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Just to follow up on this thread with an opinion from one of the MS neuro blogs I follow. It is now actively being recommended by neurologists NOT to take biotin for MS. This is primarily due to changes in the bloodwork that could lead to unnecessary treatment. -D

HIGH DOSE BIOTIN ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST IN PROGRESSIVE MS

5 Min read
            Easy reader
            In Archive, Symptoms and treatments
            By MouseDoctor
            November 18, 2020

Biotin was a found by a chance occurrence. Biotin is one of those drugs you can get your hands on and you can eat 30 tablets a day to get the high dose in the trials. Some of you will be munching on these. But just as many of you will be ordering lipoic acid based on a drug selection study, there is no replacement for a clinical trial at present. This nutriceutical come pharmaceutical has been tested in progressive MS and it seems to have failed.

You can read the full story and trial and get the paper for free by using this link. https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1c5535FFzKo7Hl

https://multiple-sclerosis-research....rogressive-ms/
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

What is the latest news on the Biotin trial ?(Friday 19 Feb 2021)

Comment

Oh just read Dave's previous post

Comment

Working...
                X