Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if LeBron James has multiple sclerosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if LeBron James has multiple sclerosis?

LeBron's strange and unexplained numb right elbow is being chalked up as an injury, but several MRIs of his arm have shown no visible damage. Docs are puzzled. MS as a cause has not been brought up (clearly this isn't an episode of House) and let's hope it stays that way for basketball's brightest star.

That said, other than Lou Gehrig and his ALS, very few sports stars have had to cope with a neurological disease at the peak of their careers. Statistically that is surprising, especially for cold-weather sports often played indoors like hockey and, to a lesser extent, basketball.

If LeBron does have MS, it would change the face of our disease, giving it more exposure than a 1,000 Teri Garr's (sorry, Teri). But none of us would wish this disease on even our worst enemies. Best of luck, LeBron, with your medical mystery and know that you have friends at ActiveMSers regardless (although some of us may be Laker fans).
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

That would be great exposure, sucky for him though.
    I love how House always says its MS! Though their treatments of it are idiotic and it just adds an element of fear to getting dxd with it, i still like the show

Comment

Now Tiger Woods is having tingling down the right side of his body. His self diagnosis: a "bulging disk." He's getting an MRI.... With our crazy symptoms, it almost seems everyone could have MS!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

My non-MSer sister swears she has it, just by looking at the symptom list online lol. But all her symptoms are definitely from other things and not MS. I have a friend who was going through a stressful time which made her vision squiffy, she called me up freaking out. I had to laugh, told her that MS isn't contagious so she didn't catch the MS haha. She knew that, but the laugh helped both of us

Comment

Working...
        X