Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hemp oil massage for spasticity

MS blogger gives good review of her use of topical
    hemp oil for spasticity and ways to choose a brand. i think this might be worth a shot and im gonna try this for spasticity in my legs and hips. Better than nothing, at least.
    http://www.healthline.com/health/mul...p-oil-for-ms#1

Let us know how it works.

Comment

Hemp oil

I'm interested in this as well. Bacolafan doesn't give me much relief, and I don't want to increase my doseage.

Comment

Heavy Heart, Heavy limbs, heavy DEA

I'm not buying Hemp oil, for now. I was all set to purchase my experiment in hemp oil. Dreaming of relief from spasitcy in my legs and hips, I got my credit card out, selected the brand touted as most certified in the blog article I referenced, and saw an odd reference to a DEA action 6 months ago....

Apparently, 6 months ago the DEA slyly sought to redefine the legal definition of marijuana to include non psychotropic hemp oil. The result is uncertain federal law regarding hemp oil. (I'm a little flabbergasted, because I don't see how this in any way protects the public)
        Hemp oil may have trace amounts of THC and this means if one uses such product on the skin to reduce spacticty and was later drug tested for work, it could lead to loss of lively-hood.

Here is detailed link about the ambiguous DEA stretch to include hemp oil in definition of marijuana
        http://hightimes.com/news/politics/d...all-50-states/

Here is a hemp oil seller explaining why they believe their product is legal http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...00381123.html#

Here is Subee,

Comment

Disappointed (but not defeated)

I have also recently tried to purchase some hemp oil. I noticed right away that the charge never posted to my credit card account. Then I received an email about a week later from the company. They were unable to process my credit card payment. There must be some legal concerns that processing payments for hemp products is illegal.

Here's part of what their email contained:

"The Issue: We're unfortunately writing to let you know about an issue we and the whole CBD/hemp extract industry are dealing with, specifically regarding our ability to process credit and debit cards. Over the last few years it's become increasingly difficult to secure reliable, affordable, and domestic credit card processing solutions, and many accounts are in fact being shut down with funds being held for substantial periods of time. This is happening despite the fact that sales of industrial hemp are legal in the United States per Section 7606 of The Agricultural Act of 2014, better known as the 2014 Farm Bill, and several iterations of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, both of which remain in effect right now (not to mention federal court precedent which protects naturally occurring cannabinoids in industrial hemp)."

~~
          I've seen hemp oil advertised on Amazon.
          Last edited by LivWell; 07-29-2017, 06:11 PM.

...\O/...
          Liv__Well
          ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Good info Liv Well! I think pot dispensaries in states where it is legal do a cash only business for federal law reasons.

Gosh, based on Liv Well's experience and my own, I think coming soon to state house near you is show down on Federal vs. State's rights on marijuana. Don't the majority of states now allow some sort of medical and/or recreational use?

[Humm, do the Feds really want to make a Federalism case for hemp oil?!?!, just sayin' to any policy wonks reading...]

Comment

Chart of State Laws on Marijuana

Here is a chart/ comprehensive survey of state laws on marijuana posted on July 7, 2017 by NCSL.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...uana-laws.aspx

Comment

How strange! I have using CBD oil for a few months now and in fact just bought some a week ago with no issues. I realized their was some confusion and abiguity in the federal laws but did not realize it was preventing people from purchasing what seems to be a legal product.

Comment

Hemp oil

I have a friend who just recently ordered some for pail relief. No issues, and ordered from three different sources to compare the product.

Comment

I wonder if where you're located makes a difference. Or if you're purchasing across state lines?

...\O/...
                    Liv__Well
                    ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Working...
                    X