ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 08-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Veteran Misfit

Default Howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bski864 View Post
Ahoy there!

I thought I actually had an account here, but lo and behold...I was so wrong. So I just got this fancy account today, even though I've been stalking ActiveMSers and Dave for years. Woops.

I'm Beth. I've had RRMS for 16 years now. Got diagnosed at 17 right before senior year (THAT was a "fun" year, oh man). I guess, in hindsight, it ended up being a good thing, because it made me look at myself with a more critical eye, and got me up and more active. Like...I run now...regularly. If you'd told 17yr old me that I'd be running 3-4 days a week, she'd have laughed in your face.

I started on Rebif...moved on to Tysabri after I became immune to Rebif...stayed on Tysabri for about 7 or 8 years (astounding)...moved to Georgia which meant a new neuro...bloodwork came back sliiiiiiiiiiiightly positive for those JCV antibodies, and I decided I don't like Russian roulette...went on Copaxone (it failed me)...been on Gilenya for about 2 years now.

I am super bad at intros, and a giant weirdo nerd. So...hello and nice to meet ya!
Wow that was a young age for M.S. to start. I was typical, 42 years old when I got mine.

I was on Avonex for 18 years until my insurance company decided they didn't want to pay for it anymore.

Doing OK without in now, 10 months without. Just Baccolphen for the spastic muscles is all I take now.

Lots of good info here, and friendly folks to help with questions.
Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
M.S. since 2000
Old 08-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bski864 View Post
I am super bad at intros, and a giant weirdo nerd. So...hello and nice to meet ya!
Beth! So great to see you on the board. There are a lot of weirdos here, so you'll be right at home.

Gilenya is an effective DMT. And thanks for abandoning your stalker tendencies (you too Heather!).
Old 09-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMSers View Post
Beth! So great to see you on the board. There are a lot of weirdos here, so you'll be right at home.

Gilenya is an effective DMT. And thanks for abandoning your stalker tendencies (you too Heather!).
Yay team weirdo! XD
Old 09-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Default Hello

Hi I am Rox and not a neurologist. RRMS 20 years, started treatment about 2 years ago. Different times, different doctors. I am on Tysabri. I am able to do pretty much everything except spend money.

I live in a city and walk on big hills to get places every day. So I’m active but don’t really schedule exercise. So far so good, but trying to up the exercise ante.

So far MS has taught me doctors aren’t perfect, life is a chronic condition (so keep living!), and I’m glad we are all here for each other! Thanks Dave!

Last edited by neurox; 09-15-2019 at 12:33 PM.