ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 10-31-2010, 06:50 PM
MS Yoda

Default Well Done

Well done Jenn, congratulations on making the walk. Doing that in Austin must have been pretty nice!

I did get my foot brace. I can definately walk better with it but I wouldn't say I can walk further yet.

Later,

ps: posting pictures ... down at the bottom of the reply page there is a manage attachments tab. The web site seems to take care of all of the restrictions.
AMF
Old 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Optimistic Misfit

It was a good day. I'm still taken with my pedometer and wear it every day. I'm glad when I can get in around 7,000 steps but most work days, I only get in around 3,000.

I had to wear my MS 150 shirt, just because.

AMF, it sounds like the brace is working for you. I would be interested in hearing the pro's and con's after you've had it awhile. Will it accompany you on the bike?

Have a great day!

Jenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MSWalk.jpg (47.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
MS Sage

Default Yeah Jenn!

Hi Jenn,
Sorry you are struggling with the walking. A mile is great. It is farther than most folks without MS can walk. I had some balance issues and used walking poles a few years ago. I did get some smart comments about no snow, but I really like walking with poles. They provide confidence, stability and assistance. It does take a bit of practice to become coordinated, but after that, I could walk pretty fast.
I am far stronger on the bike. I am riding my trainer in the basement awaiting warmer weather.
Our MS 150 kickoff is this Saturday here in Kentucky.
Pell
Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Pell
I have a friend who uses walking poles and she LOVES them and she doesn't have MS. maybe I'll invest in a pair, thanks for the suggestion.

Anything I can do to remain active is worth a try. I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike when the weather gets a little warmer.

Take care

Jenn