ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > Gear

Old 12-27-2016, 12:28 PM

Default Running Shoes

Good Morning group,

Just a quick question....I need to get a new pair of running shoes and I am looking for an appropriate recommendation...any suggestions?....any suggestions would be appreciated. I have issues with foot drop and I am looking for something with some stability. I am having difficulty finding a recommendation. I have looked at a bunch of shoes including Sacony's and Sketchers
Old 12-29-2016, 09:37 PM

My wife loves her Solomon running shoes but she is healthy.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:38 PM
MS Gladiator

Have really liked Brooks running shoes. I recently moved on to Nike running shoes to give them a go as the Brooks have what may be too much support for me and the Ravennas that I had been getting for years have been changed and I no longer love them.

But if you are looking for the added support do try on some Brooks higher support line.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

My sister Kathryn is a huge runner and worked at a running shoe store. She has me in a pair of Brooks (Ghosts) for what it's worth....
Old 01-07-2017, 08:45 PM
MS Warrior

I've been happy with a pair of Saucony trail running shoes. I also like New Balance, and have a pair I use with my AFOs.

Which, I have to say surprised me. My orthotist had me bring my most comfortable shoes for my fitting and said a good athletic shoe would work. I had bought them online and they were actually a little too wide, but that turned out to be a good thing with the AFOs. I was really glad I didn't need to buy special orthotic shoes. The first ortho I went to really wanted me to buy his shoes! He had a room full of them and they weren't very appealing. :-|

...\O/...
Liv__Well
..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Last edited by LivWell; 01-07-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:09 PM
MS Gladiator

My daughter has non-ms problems with her feet. She pronates in and needs great support. The podiatrist explained that in an ideal world she would have a specially made sneaker for about $400. However, children's feet grow fast and insurance will not pay. As an alternative, he suggested we go to a New Balance store and get the one model they carry all the time for feet that need a lot of support. We did and it works well.
Good luck.