Coldfront personal cooling system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coldfront personal cooling system

This was developed for countering hot flashes in menopausal women, but it may help in MS, too. Hmm, I wonder if they would let a guy test it out? If anyone tries this (retail $50), post here with your thoughts!

http://www.mycoldfront.com/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

It looks like we'll be doing a little trial of the Coldfront PCS in the coming days. The founder contacted me over the holiday weekend (burning the candles at both ends, apparently) after discovering ActiveMSers and the interest in the multiple sclerosis community.

I also may need a local (ABQ) heat-sensitive female volunteer. I imagine these might work great tucked into a bra, something I can't test very easily.

I'll keep folks posted.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Bra cooler?

OK
      You can tell it's been a tough summer if I didn't even see this!
      Still need volunteer boobs?

Comment

Sure! Got it in last week and I've been testing it out. Pretty cool! Sorry for the pun....
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

After reading our latest newsletter, Susie (the owner) has generously agreed to offer all members a 10% discount. She'll send over the coupon code soon, I expect. I'll repost here and in the Member's Only forum with the code when it arrives.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Members save 10% now on the Coldfront PCS:

http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1109

Not a member? Sign up at www.activemsers.org and you'll get an e-mail with your password.

Thanks again, Susie!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

cold front is wonderful

I just used the Cold Front pads for the 1st time about 2 hrs. ago. I was having 1 of those times when my "core" kept feeling hot but my feet & hands were cool. I placed the C.F. pads on the hot spots & forgot all about them. About an hour later I realized I felt comfortable & healthy temp all over. Popped them back in the case & they're ready when I need them.

Comment

Coldfront has been taking off and is getting lots of good press. It's now priced at $79.90, but Susie graciously has raised the ActiveMSers discount to 20% and there is free FedEx ground shipping. As always, I politely decline any compensation from any manufacturer to maintain impartiality. That said, I like these guys. Check it out!

Details here: http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1109
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Anyone using this? I need something to help get me out the door at work. IT's overheated and yesterday I had a meltdown and needed a wheelchair to get me to my car.

Thanks

Teena Marie

Comment

Yup, Teena Marie, I got this system over the summer. It has been very helpful to me....doesn't keep you overall cool since these are just three gel pods that you can strategically place on your body, but I found them to be what I need. I have used them when driving in a car that hasn't cooled down yet...tucked into very private spots like at my belly button, or in the cleavage!! Also has worked for me just on the cheeks ( of my face!) the top of the head, small of my back,or pulse points. Just enough for me to recover or to keep from overheating. And their customer service is terrific. One of the pods just split for no apparent reason, and when I contacted them they immediately responded, said that should never happen ( well, of course they would say that, but still) and sent me via Fed Ex a replacement within days. I'd say it is worth a try, They honored the discount which made them very affordable...
                    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Working...
                    X