Chronic hip pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic hip pain

Does any body have chronic hip pain and how do you manage it ?

Yes! Horrible. I had for long time until finally a PT diagnosed and gave me exercise/ reset AND I started using a supplement. Now rarely bothers me. PT observed that my abs and girdle area are very weak, which impacts the way hip flexors work..... end result, when I climb stairs or do similar motion, my leg(s) are not kept up tight in normal position in hip, and one will drop about 1/2 inch down or more- making one leg (temporarily) longer. This of course makes it. painful to walk etc. If this is case for you (obviously get pt on board) but a friend can visibly see length change of legs if you lie on back on floor with both legs straight out together and toes pointed to sky. The only way to get legs to stay in correct hip position is two things- long run -strengthen core. Short run - Id when cause of pain is from this issue, perform a reset exercise that puts leg back in correct hip position, avoid a lot of stairs, stay viligant to not walk on legs when out of hip placement and do reset right away when needed. Pain and lack of pain is your clue if it is due to this issue. The reset is an exercise used by runners too. I will find graphic on internet of reset and post here. Again, if this is what you think is happening, I Think it is best to get. a PT to evaluate and set up a exercise program to strengthen your particular weak muscles and demonstrate how to properly do this reset. I hope this helps ! pS Osteo jt flex ease supplement promises to reduce jt pain in 7 days and this supplement did for me. It contains resin and collagen.

Comment

Exercise for some hip issues

The reset exercise can be done by doing the bridge to get spine aligned and then performing a hip exercise adjustment followed by the bridge again to “set” the placement of legs.

1)The bridge
      “The move: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor about shoulder width apart. Raise your backside up off the ground until a straight line could be drawn from your torso to your knees. Hold that position for 2 seconds, lower back down and repeat.”
      This is from this site and picture is at link:
      https://3v718laqyo244ii5v20dg6ff-wpe...ip-Bridges.gif

2) Hip shift on wall (this exercise is if your left leg needs to be reset, do reverse if rt leg)
      Instructions:
      * Lie on the floor.
      * Place your feet on the wall with your hips and knees bent at 90 degrees.
      * Dig your heels into the wall (hard) and lift your tail bone off the floor.
      * Keep your back flat on the ground.
      * Suck your left knee in towards the hip whilst pushing your right knee away from the hip.
      * (Make sure you keep your thighs straight and parallel with each other.)
      * Aim to feel your left inner hip muscles engaging.
      * Hold for 30 seconds.
      * Repeat 3 times.
      This is from

From posturedirect.com
      And a picture of exercise is at link.

3) Carefully move from hip shift excerise to lying on floor flat and have someone check to see if legs are even, if so you then do bridge again 3 times to “set” legs in place. Carefully roll to side and get up.

I hope this is helpful. This worked for me so much.

Comment

The above link to posture direct is under “How to fix a rotated pelvis” and it shows picture of hip adjustment.

Comment

Suebee, very interesting thanks, waiting on P/T referral from hospital so will tell them this.
          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X