Steven R. Tapia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven R. Tapia

Do you know what a tapia is? You know those old Spanish haciendas that had a courtyard with an adobe wall around it? That adobe wall is a tapia!. Forgive me. I'm new to "ActiveMSers". I've had MS since 1992 (26 years!). I am a medically retired wildlife biologist (27 years with the US Forest Service), I have written 2 books: "De la Tierra" and "Oikos" about New Mexico wildlidfe, fish, and plants. I'm glad I found you!! KEEP FIGHTING! /s/ Steve T.

Welcome Aboard

I've found this a friendly place to bounce ideas off of fellow sufferers.
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Comment

Steven, I thought you might be local with that last name. Welcome! My wife Laura is a hydrologist for the USGS here in Albuquerque.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Also new to the board

I am a retired attorney. I moved to Albuquerque in October 2017 with my dog, a semi-retired show Beagle, service dog and companion.

Comment

Originally posted by bygodde View Post
          I am a retired attorney. I moved to Albuquerque in October 2017 with my dog, a semi-retired show Beagle, service dog and companion.
          Howdy, my bride adopted a Beagle once, his name was Puddles. He did, all over the place! Sweet boy though. I have companion goats instead
          Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
          Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
          Active in amateur radio
          Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
          M.S. since 2000

Comment

Welcome, bygodde! To ActiveMSers and to Albuquerque. My wife and I live in the North Valley. And please note, our winters are never this mild. The little bit of snow from yesterday was the second latest first snowfall in the season since records have been kept!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Mild winter

Well, I lived in New York all my life, born and brought up on Long Island and in Manhattan, moved to Saratoga Springs for college (Skidmore), married and lived in Saratoga Springs thereafter, divorced, still lived there, remarried and then divorced again after 25 years, moved near Binghamton (Johnson City) and always had cold, snowy winters.

No snow down here in Albuquerque where I am, in NW, but it is chilly. I stay inside too much because I can just let the dog out in the yard.

I need to learn to go outside and walk him....he will walk, I will transfer to my 4 wheel scooter as I don't walk. I need to figure out an exercise that I can do outside...and somewhere to go to meet someone to talk to.

If I sound pathetic, ignore that. I am looking forward to a visit tomorrow from my son, daughter-in-law, and 2 granddaughters.

However, I would like to know if you can suggest anything to do in Albuquerque....that doesn't involve driving at night.

Comment

bygodde, Albuquerque is a pretty early town, so almost nothing requires driving at night, ha. Too much to do to list in one post!
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                X