Bike Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Stabilizers

A member of another MS forum suggested that I ask this question here.

Has any one used bike stabilizers on their two wheel bike? In case you're not familiar with them, they are 16 inch wheels that are attached on either side of a two wheel bike to give the rider more stability on the bike.

According to the literature on some websites that offer them, they are suppose to be heavy duty, can carry a weight of about 500 lbs and provide a measure of safety for people who have mild to moderate balance issues.

I currently ride around in a three wheel adult bike, which is good for short distances but not for long. After 45 minutes, it gets tiring lugging that weight around. There's three speeds on it: slow, slower and standing still. Yes, I'm joking, there are no speeds on it.

I'd like to get a multi-speed two wheeler with the stabilizer wheels for longer distances.

For those who know of the stabilizers are they worth the money? Did it affect the speed and handling of the bike?

bike stabilizers

Lucia,

I may know someone who is looking at a similar fix for her 2 wheeler. I'll ask next time I see her. Don't hold your breath though, I don't see her all that often.... it sure sounds like a reasonable plan.

AMF

Comment

Working...
    X