Aspirin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspirin

Met with my neuro today. He wants me to do as much exercise as possible. 4x a week was his recommendation. He also suggested taking an aspirin before a workout to keep body temp under control. Just wondering what dose ppl with ms should take? I’m 6ft and about 215lbs.

Hey GS, I take a fair bit of aspirin or generic extra strength excedrin, although generally after exercise, not before. I do the maximum recommended dose of two 325 MG pills, which seems to take the edge off. Because both the aspirin and the excedrin will bother my stomach if I take them too consistently, I alternate with ibuprofen. Even so, I try not to take NSAIDS more than 2 or 3 times a week.

Comment

Hey GS, check out this research on taking aspirin before exercising with MS. The dosing they used for the trial is in there.

http://forums.activemsers.org/showth...hlight=aspirin
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Hey- took 2 aspirin last time at gym 1/2 hr before treadmill workout. BIG TIME difference! I jogged, walked for 25 minutes- almost 200 cal burned. I had lots of energy, lots of balance, and never tripped over my feet once! I’m def going to continue, but only during workouts like cardio where there is sweat, heat increase

Comment

i tried asprin too! It helped my endurance ir at least gave me placebo effect! Thanks for posting suggestion!!!

Comment

Aspirin

I’m going to give it a try too!

Comment

Working...
            X