Help!!! I'm getting leg cramps!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! I'm getting leg cramps!!!

I've been taking out my trike, a little more often the past week, to build up my endurance for longer rides. I ride for maybe 30-45 minutes at a stretch.

Now I'm getting leg cramps. I don't get them when I'm riding or immediately after I stop or even that day or evening. I get them in the early morning when I'm stretching in bed, which is a natural thing to do.

This morning I had to endure about 4 of them, two on each leg. Two were minor enough so I can flex my foot and that seems to relieve the pressure of the cramp. The other two weren't and flexing or massing the cramp did not help control it. When that happens I have to remind myself to relax and wait for it to pass.

Something tells me I should be stretching before or after I ride but I've just forgotten what type of stretches would be best.

Any suggestion on relieving or preventing these cramps I get in the morning now?

I'm in no way a doctor, but when I get leg cramps in the morning, it's usually from dehydration. When I hydrate well, no cramps. Just an idea.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks Dave.

i have to work to drink water but it looks like I'm going to work harder at it now.

Comment

Working...
      X