Exercise question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise question?

I was only diagnosed 3 months ago so I am very new to this. I am trying to continue to stay super active but wondered about something. Do other people with MS ever get a buzzing feeling after they exercise hard? Or sometimes I get it just walking fast but only notice it when I stop walking. It does not happen every time I exercise but does it mean something when it does?
    Thank you...

Welcome Cindy - I'm in the newly diagnosed group myself. Sometimes after a good aerobic workout (or stressful day at work) my hands now buzz afterwards - although I've been mountain biking a lot lately and that shakes the crap outta your hands! I'd suspect its your nerves responding from the stress of exercise, and while its not great you've got it, I don't see it as a reason to stop what you're doing.

Comment

Hey Cindy, Diana, what you are experiencing is classic Uhthoff's phenomenon. When your body heats up, symptoms can ramp up. Tingling is super common and you are doing no permanent damage. It's just annoying and subsides when you cool down. Great to hear of your exercising--keep it up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhthoff%27s_phenomenon
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Yes - all the time. Now I think this was the first indication I had MS. After getting off the treadmill or something my legs would buzz. I thought this was normal and everyone experiences it after stopping an activity, but apparently not. Doesn't seem to hurt me any long term though!

Comment

Working...
        X