High school runner with MS profiled by ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school runner with MS profiled by ESPN

When she fell in her final high school race, I was screaming at her to get back up!!! An inspiring story. Makes me proud. She is one of us. - Dave

Tom Rinaldi tells the remarkable story of Kayla Montgomery -- who, despite being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, has become one of the best young distance runners in the country.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=119...sportscenterTW
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Hope you get a chance to view this. It's a bit painful to watch, but you'll understand like few others do.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I read about this amazing gal in June. I believe there was a post about her here as well. You are right, it was painful to watch, bringing tears. In part, to hear and see her,in part, because of my own experience collapsing from heat. At the same time,it was inspirational.

Thanks for the post,Dave.

Comment

This little girl is a hero of mine for sure...I mumbled to myself at the end "Just keep running, Kayla". She's a poster child for determination and perseverance and proving how powerful our desire to get moving and do what makes us happy can be. Yes, heartbreaking to watch her recover from the heat but so uplifting. And I thought, you know, hopefully in her lifetime she will get to really reap the benefits of the masses of research going on. Boy, do I hope so....
        Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Would any ice vests help or are they not allowed?

Comment

Working...
          X