Complete List of Grocery Stores with hrs for AT Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete List of Grocery Stores with hrs for AT Risk

As of March 20th, Here is the best up to date list I could find of grocery stores across the country that are offering special hours for over 60, at risk, or pregnant. Some have delivery and pick up options too. https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/03/...special-hours/

Stay well my friends.

SAMs store posts Senior & At Risk hours + Concerige

I sometimes shop at Sams and saw this notice from Sams posted: “Starting ...March 26, Sam’s Club locations nationwide will offer early shopping hours every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. for seniors and those with disabilities or compromised immune systems. This includes our pharmacy and optical centers and will last until further notice....
    Concierge “Shop from Your Car” Service
    ...[W]e’re also introducing an innovative new concierge service. During special shopping hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., these members can shop Sam’s Club without ever leaving their car. From a designated parking location, members in need can place their order from their car, and a Sam’s Club associate will grab the items on the list.”

Comment

CVS home delivery for pharmacy & groceries

CVS offering "Insta-cart" to deliver pharmacy and groceries to your home from your local store.
      Here is link to get Insta-cart https://delivery.cvs.com/

I tried it. It worked. It just needs name and email to get real time inventory in local store. You dont need to download app.
      Stay safe. Use delivery services if possible.

Comment

Shopping List/ Expert Recommended

I'm struggling a bit to determine what I need in my pantry and to balance it with my budget. I also have been concerned about conflicting advice on pain killers and safe levels of vitamin c and zinc. But I found this excellent article by Healthline detailing a shopping list of necessities & amts based on experts for food, fluids, tylenol vs. Advil, zinc, vitamin c, tumeric, etc. Thank you Healthline!! I share with you all... stay healthy friends...
        I condensed article here but put link to full article at bottom:

"Clean water
        Water should be at the top of the list of supplies you’ll need in the event you contract COVID-19.
        “It’s crucial to stay hydrated, so plenty of fluids, especially if the fever is high,” Benaroch said.
        ... In most instances, tap or bottled water is fine. If you’re relying on bottled water, experts recommend keeping at least a 15-day supply on hand.

The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine*defines*adequate daily fluid intake as 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids for men and 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women, although sick people likely should drink more. (About 20 percent of this fluid intake comes from foods).

In the minority of cases where COVID-19 symptoms include*acute gastroenteritis, solutions such as Pedialyte can help prevent dehydration. Sports drinks like Gatorade are another option.

Pain medication

“The most useful medicine is something to decrease headaches, body aches, and fever, like acetaminophen (Tylenol),” said Benaroch.

“Many people also use ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), but there has been*some concern*especially from Europe that ibuprofen is less safe, though there’s no direct evidence that this is true. Still, if you want to be extra careful, use acetaminophen instead,” he said.

Dr. Larry Burchett, a California emergency physician, recommends 650 milligrams (mg) of acetaminophen every 4 to 6 hours as a safe dosage for most adults.

“Some of the methods of treatment in the case of a high or low fever that is causing discomfort include cooling blankets, ice packs, and over-the-counter medications [taken according to package directions],”*Dr. Joshua Mansour, a clinical oncologist with the Southern California Permanente Medical Group, told Healthline.

Tissues

Viral droplets spread by coughing, sneezing, or spitting is one of the primary ways that COVID-19 spreads from person to person.

Have plenty of tissues on hand to help prevent transmitting it to other people in your family.

Cough medicine

“Many people with COVID-19 have a strong cough,” said Benaroch. “If you have asthma or any other respiratory condition, it’s essential that you continue to take your routine respiratory medicines, and follow your asthma action plan or any similar instructions from your doctor for the use of rescue medications.”

Prescription medicines

If you have asthma or another respiratory illness, be sure to have extra inhalers and other medications on hand.

The same is true of any other chronic illnesses you may have, since having conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and immune system disorders place you at higher risk of serious complications from COVID-19.

“Ensure that you have a four-week supply of prescription and over-the-counter medicine,” said Peters. "...

Zinc

“Zinc has become one of the most popular suggestions for reducing symptoms of coronavirus,”*Dr. Morton Tavel, clinical professor emeritus of medicine at the Indiana University School of Medicine, told Healthline.

“Although there is no direct evidence at this time to suggest that using zinc lozenges can prevent or treat COVID-19 in people, zinc does have antiviral properties and was shown in a laboratory study to inhibit the replication of coronaviruses in cells,” he said... [important note from Suebee remember that zinc supplements have been linked to some negative issues with gadium in MRIs.. see posts in forum]

Vitamin C

“It supports the activity of our immune cells, especially when they work more than they should during outbreaks,” said*Asli Elif Tanugur Samanci, a food scientist and chief executive officer of Bee & You. “I would recommend 1 to 3 grams a day, on top of a healthy diet that’s rich in fresh vegetables and fruit.”

Herbal remedies like turmeric and ginger

“They both have incredible anti-inflammatory properties and also very high in antioxidants,” said Samanci.

“Further, ginger is full of chemicals that fight off cold and relieves stomach-related problems. Turmeric also has hundreds of active chemicals and is a great pain reliever,” Samanci said. “You can either add them fresh or juice them to get the full spectrum of benefits.”

A thermometer

If you suspect you have a mild case of COVID-19, you’ll need a thermometer to check your temperature twice a day....

If your symptoms get worse, call your healthcare provider.

Household cleaning and sanitizing products

Gloves, soap, hand sanitizer, surface-cleaning products, mops, and sponges will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your household.

Extra sheets, towels, and pajamas

“When you are sick, you can contaminate all the surfaces you come into contact with,” said Peters. “Hard surfaces can be disinfected, but clothing, sheets, and towels will need to be stored safely and laundered on a hot wash cycle before using them again.”

A place to self-isolate

If you’re sick, you need to stay in a single, separate room away from other people as much as possible. Ideally, choose a room with a separate bathroom.

A first aid kit

With COVID-19 straining healthcare resources, it’s important to have supplies on hand to treat minor injuries at home.

Games, movies, books, and other entertainment options

“It’s important that you also take care of your mental health during self-isolation,” said*Dr. Jonas Nilsen, co-founder of Practio, a travel vaccination and infectious disease consulting company.

The number for your local healthcare provider and emergency room

“It is important to remember that if a fever remains very high, or if a patient’s symptoms are causing discomfort, that they should contact a healthcare professional for further advice on the next step,” said Mansour....

Call your primary care provider and discuss symptoms before visiting a healthcare facility....If this is an emergency, call 911, and tell the operator you have COVID-19.

_end_

Link to full Healthline article https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...of-coronavirus

Comment

Vitamins and minerals have side effects. Zinc will eliminate your sense of smell - temporarily with big doses, permanently with megadoses. Vitamin C, in large amounts, acts as a strong laxative. Got enough TP?
          "Emeritus" means they have been retired a while.
          Also, there is no such thing as gadium. It's gadolinium.
          Otherwise, good advice for strange times.

Comment

Vit c studies on covid

Yes, my apologies for misspellings, Celia, my brain fog has been heightened by stress from all this. A cluster is around my home and grocery and my husband is an essential employee, but got a significant pay cut. It is becoming a lot harder for me to process info and be sure it is relevant. And hard for me to write coherently.
            I liked the healthline article because it covered issues I thought wld be of interest. Vit c is being used in trials against covid. As is zinc., but you are correct, higher levels of vits increase side effects and I didnt mean to recommend using unsafe ants. Here is an article on vit c for covid. https://www.nutraingredients.com/Art...ht-coronavirus

Stay safe everyone. Suebee

Comment

Uggh, Why & How to Wipe down Groceries

Reluctantly, I recently began wiping down my groceries after a significant cluster and deaths from Covid19 occurred in my immediate area including grocery. Before all thIs, poor endurance and vertigo made shopping a real task, so the idea of also wiping down my purchases did not thrill me, to say the least. But due to the heightened risk of exposure, I decided to follow Dr Sanjay Gupta’s clear and reasoned steps to wipe down groceries (and take out). I share it in case you also need to take these precautions.
              Here is video from CNN: https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...rus-explained/
              Stay strong & stay connected. It’s more important than ever.

Comment

Express 2 hr delivery / Walmart!

Walmart announced Express 2 hour delivery for about 2000 stores across the country for many types of items for a $10 delivery cost. Website says online site will tell you if item is available for express delivery to your home. https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...press-delivery

I’m happy to have different options available to me for ways to shop. My state’s stay at home order lifts tomorrow. I’m trying to figure out how I can continue to safely “cocoon” when different stores and dr offices open their doors. It is such a weird dichotomy. Hope you all are well. Stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                X