Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use a specific cooler to store packs for Cooling Vests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use a specific cooler to store packs for Cooling Vests?

Just curious if anyone uses a specific type of cooler for helping to keep their packs frozen when they are on the go for their Cooling Vest?

I see that Polar Products, Inc has a Soft-Sided Polar Cooler, but does not have any reviews.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what they have found works well?

After digging around on the Polar Products, Inc site, finally came across a post that said the cooler they offer is actually a Polar Bear Cooler. (towards the bottom of the page)
    * Keeps packs frozen for at least 24 hours in 100 degree heat.
    * Large soft-sided cooler measures 7" x 14" x 12" and will carry multiple sets of Cool58™ Packs for vests and accessories.

Found similar offered on Amazon with positive reviews.

And the Polar Bear Website offered a couple more color options. And it is listed as a 12 Pack Cooler, which would make it dual use

Will have to contact Polar Products, Inc to verify. Also appears they have it slightly cheaper.

Comment

Found out Polar Products, Inc did sell the Polar Bear Cooler, but now sell their own cooler.

The Soft-Sided Polar Cooler has similar features as the Polar Bear Cooler.

I'm leaning towards the Polar Bear Cooler, 12 pack [same size as Polar Products] as it has the following features:
      * Additional color options: Red, Green, Black, Navy, Mossy Oak Duck Blind, Mossy Oak Breakup, Silver
      * will keep ice for 24 hours in 100 degree heat and will keep hot up to 200 degrees for many hours - multi-use, thinking bringing food for holidays
      * Zipper pull-tab / bottle opener - might as well enjoy the moment

Contacted Polar Bear Coolers and they will offer a discount, just need to advise them the cooler will be used for ice packs for a MS cooling vest.

The one I want is on back order. I'll post more when I get it.

Comment

Look forward to hearing what you think, Daremoon. Would be helpful for all of us.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Finally figured out and then confirmed that the Polar Bear Cooler that I received was the same style as Dave reviewed; they just market one for medical and package it that way. Here is the link for Med Cooler:

http://www.activemsers.org/gear/testmedcooler.html

I can add that it's a nice cooler, does exactly what I wanted it for. Wife was also able to use it for bringing food to a picnic two hours away and the salad made it.

The company, Polar Bear Cooler, has excellent customer service & I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone looking for this type of cooler.

Comment

Working...
          X