Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to be a "sponsored athlete"? Organization looking to sponsor 13 MSers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to be a "sponsored athlete"? Organization looking to sponsor 13 MSers.....

Fellow MSers. I heard this week about a wonderful opportunity specifically for those living with MS. I heard about this opportunity from Kelly Williamson, a professional triathlete who has helped several of us living with MS prepare for athletic events. She is associated with an organization looking to sponsor 13 people living with MS to participate in a triathlon in April of 2018 in Galveston, TX.

Application form and expectations of current fitness baseline can be found here: https://mfel.wufoo.com/forms/2018-me...man-703-texas/

Much more information below - if need more information, send me a private message here at activemsers and I can provide Kelly's email address and you can communicate with her.....don't want to put her email address in this public forum.

What is the sponsorship for? The 2018 Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 in Galveston, TX on April 8, 201

What are the qualifications to be sponsored? Living with multiple sclerosis and is ready to take on an epic challenge with the sponsorship organization - Project 13 and Meat Fight Endurance Labs.

What does the sponsorship provide?
    - Personal coaching provided by Durata (Kelly's athletic training company) from January 8 until race day on April 8
    - Ironman entry fees are reimbursed including a one-day USAT membership if needed
    - Swimming lessons if needed
    - Meat Fight Endurance Labs triathlon race kit
    - Meat Fight Endurance Labs podium shirt
    - Bicycle and helmet may be provided through Meat Bike program

What is Project 13?
    ============

When you enter a bike race, you don't always get to pick your number. There's a tradition in cycling that if you are unfortunate enough to receive the number "13", you turn it upside down to knock out all the bad luck.

Taking a philosophical view of this tradition, your life isn't about things that happen to you that are beyond your control. Your life is defined by what you choose to do about those things. Getting an MS diagnosis sucks. But what matters is what you choose to do about it.

Project 13 will provide an opportunity for up to 13 people living with MS to do a challenge beyond the ordinary. A way for us to give a little extra "FU" to "FUMS." And that challenge will change every year.
Working...
X