Lumosity brain game savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumosity brain game savings

I signed up for the daily brain-game exercises at Lumosity. So far it's been fun to stretch the gray matter every morning. But a few tips. If you do the welcome 3-day trial, do not sign up right away. They'll keep sending you offers. I caved at a 25% discount about a week after the trial ended. Also when you pay, you'll get an offer to pay for friends at 50% off. Prepare early and go in with a buddy or two (or get a big group) and the savings is substantial.

Try it out here (note: my scores mostly sucked at first):
    http://www.lumosity.com/

I'm working to get a standard discount for ActiveMSers of at least 25%. If I do, look for it in the newsletter and in our members only forum. EDIT: DONE! http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1064
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Cool!

I'll look out for your post about a potential discount.
    Also curious to see how you improve in cognitive abilities the more you play on Luminosity... I keep hearing about it, and when I did the 3 day trial I wasn't very impressed (but I imagine it gets much harder eventually). It'd be neat to know how many out there are benefiting- maybe I'll give it another shot.

Thanks!

Comment

Well, since I keep getting better and better (I'm now in the 92 percentile for my age group, go figure) it very well might be doing something. I feel smarter, but that could all be placebo, too. Although if I hit 101 percentile, then something is seriously amiss, ha.

I've written them and hope to hear back soon. Hopefully I can get a discount for ActiveMSers. I'll keep folks posted.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

I heard back from the folks at Lumosity and they have generously offered ActiveMSers 25% off all subscriptions a year and longer through December 31, 2012. Go here for details:
        http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1064

If you are not a member of ActiveMSers, sign up at www.activemsers.org and you will be sent the password to enter the Member's Only forum. Passwords are also repeated in every newsletter as a reminder. Note: you do not need to be registered with the forum to enter this area--you only need the password provided by ActiveMSers.

BTW, I'm now up to 93% (egad!), but my score is going to start suffering. My wife Laura wants to play because she thinks a) it looks fun and b) she can whoop my rear. I agree with a, but I'm not so sure about b!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Password question

Hello Dave

I wanted to join the luminosity game and I been ask to sign up and my password is not accepted!?
          Can you help on that .

Thank you very much for all what you are doing.
          Alain

Comment

Hey Alain, the password to get into the forum to get your coupon code is in every newsletter. I'll PM you with it.

If the coupon code for ordering the brain game doesn't work on their site, I'll investigate. Let me know.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Hello Dave,

It works!
              I am now a member of Lumosity But don't fret, it will take time before I catch up with you.

Alain

Comment

COOL!
                I will try this soon, maybe we can even do online competitive games to keep us on top of our game! :P

Thanks Dave!

niko

Comment

FYI, my arrangement with Lumosity ends Dec 31, so I recommend signing up before then to get your 25% discount. And with the recent study that shows brain games appear to help those with MS, it's a smart investment in you.
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

So now that it's been a few months, what kind of improvement do you feel you've obtained from lumosity?

Comment

Enfyre, I personally think it has helped. Go here for a full update on my experience with Lumosity:

http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1019
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                      X