bioness vs walkaide or alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioness vs walkaide or alternative?

Looking into getting a device, but both real expensive and not covered from insurance. Both i tried and seem to work a little, but don't want to jump in to pay all that $, and possibly looking at a cheaper alternative in meantime. There are other ems devices much cheaper out there to use, but not sure which are good. Anyone have any recommendations?

I use this. I didn't like the electrodes.

http://www.musmate.co.uk/

Comment

I'm in the same boat & am thinking this may be an option for myself.

What I've learned thus far, is Bioness will let you demo for 1 - 2 weeks for free; and the cost is "supposed" to include a year of supplies.

Walkaide costs $300 to demo, and this is applied to purchase of product.

Physical Therapist I'm working with says the Bioness would possibly be a better option with regard to moving side to side; where as both would do forward/backward about the same.

Also have to take into account comfort, price, etc.

There may be a Grant available from an MS organization but I have not yet started that search.

Luck to you.

Comment

I have the Walkaide. The problem with Bioness device is...

The Bioness device has a part that you have to hold in your hand . I knew right away that I would lose it! The Walkaide is less sleek but it is all one piece.

Also, my insurance paid for it AFTER rejecting payment. The Walkaide company had lawyers working on the appeal and all I did was sign papers they sent in the mail.

I had PPO, BC/BS of Connecticut. Their rejection was overruled and they were ordered by some department in CT government that controls insurance company.
        This was all about five years ago.

Comment

Good to hear you got that denial overturned, MSLazarus. Hope the WalkAide is treating you well.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Bioness L300

Unfortunately and $6000 later, I have not had good results at all with the Bioness L300 system. The customer support has been dismal and, I hate to post these negative reviews but, if it saves just one person from having to go through what I have been through with Bioness, it is worth it. Once they sold me the product, they would have me go 20 miles away from where I live for adjustments. I have disabilities and Multiple Sclerosis and this was not an easy task for me. I finally gave up going and they refused to meet me anywhere closer for any further adjustments. Please don't make the mistake I made, research the reviews THOROUGHLY, before buying this system. The time frame for which to return it expired due to all the back and forth with the adjustments and they will not refund a penny. I am still paying $355 a month for a product that did not work for me and the company is heartless - they do not care - they take your money and turn their back on you. I am disabled with very low income and this has been a HUGE sacrifice for something I am not getting use out of.

Comment

Unfortunately and $6000 later, I have not had good results at all with the Bioness L300 system. The customer support has been dismal and, I hate to post these negative reviews but, if it saves just one person from having to go through what I have been through with Bioness, it is worth it. Once they sold me the product, they would have me go 20 miles away from where I live for adjustments. I have disabilities and Multiple Sclerosis and this was not an easy task for me. I finally gave up going and they refused to meet me anywhere closer for any further adjustments. Please don't make the mistake I made, research the reviews THOROUGHLY, before buying this system. The time frame for which to return it expired due to all the back and forth with the adjustments and they will not refund a penny. I am still paying $355 a month for a product that did not work for me and the company is heartless - they do not care - they take your money and turn their back on you. I am disabled with very low income and this has been a HUGE sacrifice for something I am not getting use out of.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with a Bioness in the last couple of years? If so would you recommend it? Any feedback would be so appreciated!

Comment

Not sure if still relevant - but I've been using Bioness l300 about 3 months - it definitely improves my ability to take a walk and enjoy it, walk at a reasonable pace with relatively good form. It took some getting used to, for sure, but I followed their recommendations and adjusted. Worked with a PT for a couple months on and off to fine tune and explore. I don't find it helpful around the house and it sometimes will grip my muscle if something is off (position, moisture?) but when it helps I'm glad I took the chance.

Comment

Working...
                  X