Final round of immunizations today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final round of immunizations today

Urg, in a half hour my right arm is going to be a hurtin'. This is my last round of immunizations post transplant (I was scheduled to get a series at 12 months, 18 months, and then 30 months post SCT). If you are doing math in your head, I am a touch late due to scheduling of the previous shots--you can do shots a little later than scheduled, but not earlier--but all have been within a month or so of the scheduled time. Happy poking day to me!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I forgot what these vaccinations do to me, basically put me down for the count for 24 hours. Yesterday after the shot I a) worked upper body at the gym for 1.5 hours, b) made a maple/soy glazed salmon dish with seared snap peas and rice standing up the entire time (wife was at home today), and c) did all the dishes. By 6 pm I couldn't walk. Getting to the bathroom even using a walker was uber challenging. Holy crap! Laura had to reheat soup for dinner. A couple Advil brought down my temp and I could get around slowly with my walker. I feel 80% this a.m., so things are getting back to "normal," but boy was that a reminder how nasty my MS can get.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I'm fully back, but for nearly 48 hours those immunizations buried me. Urgh. Today should be a mostly regular exercise day.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X