My new favorite piece of exercise equipment for MSers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new favorite piece of exercise equipment for MSers

I didn't think I'd fall this much in love with an exercise bike. Seriously, I just said exercise bike, one of the most tedious cardio torture chambers in your gym. But this one is different.

The Lamar Airforce is strangely fun. Really. Here's what makes it so cool.
    • Works both your upper body and lower body either at the same time or separately. If your legs are gassed, just work your arms. Far more fun than a UBE (that arm spinny thing).
    • Has a back rest, which makes it safer to both relax on the bike when you need to rest and makes it easier to mount and dismount.
    • The pedals are standard size, so you can swap out for clip-in bike pedals and wear bike shoes. (The similar Schwinn does not.)
    • The big fan is great for cooling down an overheated MS body. The faster you go, the more A/C you get!

The thing is built like a tank. I found it on Craigslist for just $100, but you may be able to find one new for cheap while they last. The company went out of business I believe—too bad, because they made one hell of a product. They also made a recumbent version which is way easier to mount, but it doesn't have an arm component. Both are highly recommended!
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I discovered something new with this bike after using it for a while. While working just your upper body, twist your torso to move the arm levers instead of using just your arm strength. The resulting ab workout is awesome!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

My PT sister was over the other day and showed me yet another tweak. On days when I'm not working out my legs and want to focus just on the upper body, she suggested I STAND and work the arm levers from the front of the bike. The position builds standing endurance, works the abs, and makes you balance. Combined with improving arm strength, it's a win-win-win-win.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X