X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeogo Walking Assistance

Good Afternoon all,

Has anyone seen this Keeogo system?

I just caught this in a daily MS news feed that I get. I have never heard of this and wanted to see if anyone else had.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...sistance-users

I have heard of it and tried it out. Quite cumbersome and heavy and not for me. Because I have trouble with my left hip flexor and can't move it forward, I couldn't get it moving. Also, quite difficult to get on.

But, for someone else, it may be just the ticket. Albeit, an expensive one.

Teena Marie

Comment

TM, Oh shoot. Hip flexors/aductors are my big issue and I was fantasizing about FDA getting this approved after I saw this post.

TM - I'm interested to know how you got to try the device out. Could you also refresh my memory about how you handle your hip flexor weakness - do you have a set of exercises you do every day? I've forgotten, I'm sorry. My doctor has prescribed PT again, but I am less enthusiastic this time around. Beyond scheduling it out every week, the $20 co pay/3x a week is $60 and I don't see it as a "cure all" for my problem. Having been down the land exercise PT route a few times, I was looking for a different approach. Cool temperature aqua therapy isn't available in my area.

Comment

Hi Suebee,

There is a clinic here in Montreal using it. I had the technician visit me at home to try it. I thought it had FDA approval already.

Regarding hip flexors, I do marching on the spot in the pool and try a similar seated manoeuver at my desk. Stair climbing is also good although I do one stair at a time, instead of reciprocal as most people do. All in all, it is a frustrating exercise. I also try visualization.

Take good care,

Teena Marie

Comment

Working...
        X