AFO Devices - Any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFO Devices

I have most devices and find I use them for different things. I have a Walkaide, AFO Noodle, Trulife Matrix Super Max and a Dictus.
    The Walkaide is by far the most expensive and does work very well. The problem with it is that you can't kneel down when you have it on, which can be a pain if your working on something on the ground.
    The Noodle and the Matrix both work well . The advantage of the Matrix is you can loosen the top strap when driving to make it easier. The noodle pushes on the back of the leg so loosening it doesn't help.
    The dictus band works ok but does not push up with a lot of force, even when twisting the band 6 or 7 times.
    I find I do use them all in different situations.

Comment

Friday, I will be trying the Bioness 300+. Any one is using one? I will let you know.

Comment

Well, I have tried it and I am sure it's can help some one but not enough for me to pay $8500.00
        Maybe in few years.

Comment

So I sorta delayed the whole ankle foot orthosis thing, not intentionally, just busy. Pulling the trigger Friday. Tried a couple brands and will confirm with the tech. I think it will help. My problem? At home I walk around barefoot, so I might not wear it as much as I should! I'll let everyone knows how it goes....
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Here's a review I found online from a runner and MSer (Cheryl Hile, a fellow '06er!) who tested out the SpryStep:

My left leg wants to run an 8-minute mile, but my right leg slogs along at a 12-minute pace, so they meet in between and run at 10 minutes. However, the longer the run, the more my right leg dictates the slower pace. As you can imagine, any advantage I can get with my ankle-foot orthotic (AFO) is important to me. That edge can come in the form of lighter material, flexibility in the footplate, and energy return in the strut.

Thuasne USA, an orthopedic company specializing in medical devices, has been using me as a test runner to customize their SpryStep AFO for the running community. It is a light, sleek and a dynamic AFO that has easily become my new favorite.

FULL REVIEW: http://www.cherylhile.com/running/sp...ew-dynamic-afo
            And the company website:

https://www.thuasneusa.com/products/...-afo/sprystep/
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Another Active MSer recently purchased a Step Smart, and he likes it so far....

https://insightfulproducts.com/buy/s...op-foot-brace/

Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

My recommendation

I wear a Walk On Flex from OttoBock. I absolutely love it. It is pure carbon fiber that spirals up the back of your leg. The one that I had before was the Dymanic Walk with leaf springs and it broke about every 8 months because of the amount of running that I do.

That being said I am going to be a field tester for the Spry Step Flex from Thuasne. Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up with my Walk On.
                Last edited by Ellie; 11-26-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X