ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Default Redcord

Not sure if anyone is familiar with this, but thought I would share my experience...

I started physical therapy a few months ago after my walking started declining last year. I still don't use any walking aids, but get fatigued fairly quickly and have general balance issues and occasional foot drop. My PT is a bit non-traditional and she introduced me to redcord and I have grown to love it. It is pretty simple - just two adjustable ropes and a few slings but it allows you to do a bunch of different exercises that are designed for a neuromuscular workout - working out your nervous and muscular systems. It seems to provide me a good "bang for the buck" as my workouts a fairly non-strenuous and only last 15-20 min.

I ended up buying a home unit and over the past couple of weeks (after becoming more consistent with my workouts) I am starting to notice a difference - improved balance and fatigue - yeah!

It is a little pricey for what you get (around $300 for two ropes and a few slings), but I must say I like it so far. I am happy to share more if there is any interest, but thought I would post this in case there is.