YOUR STORIES: Hiking the 25-mile Inca Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR STORIES: Hiking the 25-mile Inca Trail

Way to go, Gary! 15 years of MS have barely slowed him down. His quest—from being in the hospital to hiking the legendary trail to Machu Picchu—will inspire the trekker in all of us:

http://www.activemsers.org/yourstori...ltrekking.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I have suggested to Dave that he and I hike up Pikes Peak when (not if) he has recovered. You should join us.

- Gary Pinder

Comment

Dave - anyone else in? Pikes Peak summer of 2011?

Could make it an inaugural annual activemsers.com event!

Comment

That was a neat story Gary, thanks for that, of course, I’m a sucker for an exotic adventure in a far away place any day. I used to do a bit of hiking myself, 14ers and volcanoes, though I’ve converted over to cycling now. Initially I thought I might be able to ride my bike up Pikes Peak to meet you guys, but after checking around, I see they only allow bikes on the road on very special occasions. Not only that, I thought I did some pretty wicked bike rides in Colorado last year, but that ride up Pikes Peak would dwarf all of them put together. It would take a lot of training before even remotely considering Pikes Peak. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it show up in the new “Quisno Classic” pro bike race sometime in the near future. Anyway, good luck on your hiking plan, I’d really like to hear about it.

AMF

Comment

Working...
        X