Sandia Hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandia Hike

Planning to get out for a hike in the Sandias this coming Sunday, August 3rd. No details yet, but I will post what trail, time, and distance once I have a chance to look at the maps. I am sure it will not be anything major.

Definitely, will be starting early to avoid the heat as much as possible.

Like I said, going to keep it easy this time:

Boundary Loop Trail, trail details:
    http://www.sandiahiking.com/trailgui...l#boundaryloop

Meet-up time: 6:15 - 6:30am (want to get started by 6:30)

Comment

I can get my wife Laura there by around 7:30, but not much earlier. She draws the line at getting up before 6 a.m. on the weekends.

Do you know how long the hike is? Miles/hours? Thanks,
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

I can do 7:30. My main reasoning is to stay ahead of the heat.

I have never done this trail, so I am going strictly on the description. This is suppose to be an easy trail that has a pretty flat grade, and the distance isn't so bad, so a super early start probably isn't that necessary. Website says 4 miles, so I would say about 2 hours.

Comment

It looks like you should probably postpone the hike. You have accidentally chosen the busiest time of the entire year! The La Luz race is Sunday and that entire area will be packed.

On a side note, I probably could not have gone. My Dad, who had prostate surgery over a week ago, is having complications and will likely have to go back under the knife Sunday morning, so I should be near a phone (or in definite cell service). Ugh.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

See everyone at Ellena Gallegos at 7:30 a.m. (actually a little before) on Sunday, August 3. We have another couple joining us, so we'll have at least 3 active MSers in the mix! See you soon. Crud, I gotta get to bed!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
            X