ABQ: Apaptive Cycling Class (May 9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABQ: Apaptive Cycling Class (May 9)

I plan to be there with Laura! I believe it is open to all who are disabled, not just veterans. - Dave

Adaptive Cycling Event In Albuquerque

The Adaptive Sports Program of the New Mexico VA Health Care System (NMVAHCS) will partner with the Paralyzed Veterans of America Racing Team to host the free clinic from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on May 9 at Albuquerque’s Bachechi Open Space Park, 9521 Rio Grande Blvd. NW.

“If you have a physical limitation or disability and you also have a desire to ride a bike again, then this is a clinic for you,” said Michelle McKenzie, NMVAHCS Recreation Therapist.

The clinic will begin with cycling basics, and will include discussion on medical concerns, road safety, equipment, and gear use. Other clinic segments will cover cycling classifications, proper fitting, the VA’s role in providing sporting equipment, and hand cycle basic operation. Lunch will be provided to registered participants.

“Toward the end of the clinic, veterans will learn about area cycling clubs and related organizations, and a drawing will be held for a bike giveaway,” McKenzie added.

The deadline to register for this event is April 25. To register or for more information, please call John Shields at (505) 265-1711, ext. 2030 for a registration brochure or send an e-mail request to: Michelle McKenzie atmichelle.mckenzie@va.gov.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

It appears the class is now full. I hope to be going and plan to report back....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave,

Don't I wish I lived closer. I'm particularly interested in the different kinds of bikes. I'll contact the person but if you hear of anything here in Canada. Riding a bike remains one of my biggest goals.

Enjoy and I look forward to the report.

Teena Marie

Comment

Working...
      X