ABQ: Local Meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABQ: Local Meet?

Hey all ABQers. Do we have a regular meet up of folks by chance?

I am looking for new friends since I am new to ABQ.

I have a new job. but I am not quite ready to talk about my MS to my new co-workers. I am looking for people that may share the same hobbies, 'get me' and may have some insight for me since I'm new to MS, new to ABQ, and new to the desert.
    girl1dir =)

Alas, G1D we do not have a regular meet up for ActiveMSers even though it is my hometown. That said, I am sure folks would be interested in occasional get togethers. And for you, as a newbie to town, perhaps I can get something arranged. It's always tricky moving, and networking is so helpful for jobs/friends/etc.

If you don't mind, where are you from? How old? Kids? Might spur others to connect and get off their duff. Private messaging works for that as well if folks prefer to reach out that way.

Either way, hit me via e-mail when you get the chance: dave@activemsers.org
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
      Alas, G1D we do not have a regular meet up for ActiveMSers even though it is my hometown. That said, I am sure folks would be interested in occasional get togethers. And for you, as a newbie to town, perhaps I can get something arranged. It's always tricky moving, and networking is so helpful for jobs/friends/etc.

If you don't mind, where are you from? How old? Kids? Might spur others to connect and get off their duff. Private messaging works for that as well if folks prefer to reach out that way.

Either way, hit me via e-mail when you get the chance: dave@activemsers.org
      Thanks, Dave. =) I figure I'll post here to give folks info about me.

I am originally from Chicago's burbs. Graduated from Illinois State University. Married the hubby right before graduation. It will be 18 years this month! Where the heck does the time go?

We have lived in Bloomington, IL; StL, MO; San Diego, CA; and now ABQ, NM.

We chose not to have human kids, we have one fur kid right now. Annie Marie is a Border Collie / Lab mix. She'll be three on the 15th.

I work as a Project Manager and I'm really enjoying my new gig (just started in April). I am meeting people there, but it's like I'm at a weird age. I turn 40 this year. I don't look 40, and I don't think I act 40 -- NOT that I have any idea what a 40 year old is supposed to act like. Most people my age have grade school kids and I don't relate to that well.

My brother and his family are near by, but they don't have many friends so I can't really meet anyone through them. This is strange to me because I am a social butterfly!

The cost of living, the lack of the fun things we like to do (1/4 mile drag race and off road), and my MS diagnosis in July last year all nudged us to moving here. Now that I am here, I REALLY miss San Diego weather (having the craziest wind right now at home), but I would miss my family so much if we or they decided to leave. I am so thankful we could move here.

Please ask any thing else -- I'm an open book. =)
      girl1dir =)

Comment

G1D, yeah the spring here can get windy. And then the switch flips in early June to summer and the 90s. But the monsoons arrive in July, which are a kick, and the fall is spectacular. That said, San Diego is pretty much impossible to beat weather wise for most of the year.

Looking forward to getting together with you. I'll write you back this week.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

More wind with Rain this time!

It was so beautiful, in a dark and stormy night kind of way, last night. The clouds reached down like fingers over the mountains. It was a sight we had never seen before, that's for sure. I thought -- we should let the dog out just in case -- and it was 8:30 which was nearly bedtime anyway. Glad we did! 20 minutes later it was pouring rain!

The lightning show was amazing! Having spent the last 7 years in San Diego where they HARDLY get a thunderstorm, it was a sight for sore eyes.

All is well in the G1 household. =) And the garden got a free watering!

Have a great day!
          girl1dir =)

Comment

Working...
          X