Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millennial vs Sidestix at 58

Hi All,

I have a question for those who can help me. I am a 58 year old male, above knee amputee for 10 years. I use millennial crutches today but I am ready to buy a set of Sidestix's if they will work for me.

It seems a younger set of individuals really benefit using these for outdoor activity. I have always been proud of my walking abilities but I would like to have the next level if their is a benefit. I use them indoors frequently and in the winter when there is snow and ice on the ground with my prosthetic.

Anyway I really am curious if anyone went from underarm crutches to elbow crutches at my age and gained any benefit. Its not about the money here, I can afford them, but I don't want to waste money and have a set of nice crutches just sitting in my house. Believe it or not I can do without the spring suspension as I like the solid feel of crutches. However this could change with Sidestix's if the dampening is that much different, say more refined. Any help or opinion would be appreciated.

Hello,

I went from hiking poles to sidestix 2 years ago at the age of 55. It was the best thing. It took a little adjusting to. I worked with someone during the transition. The attachments make things like sand and snow much easier. I seem to remember there was a 30 day money back guarantee. I spoke with Keirith at the company about my concerns. He was very helpful and spoke about other people transitioning.

Good luck.

Teena Marie

Comment

Hi Teena,

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I worked with a gentleman named Kelly and he was very helpful and kind. I worked with him over two days and now I am just waiting for them to arrive. They told me it can take 3 weeks but maybe sooner. I am kind of excited to be honest. I am hoping for the next level at my age and maybe eliminate some pain and suffering.

Steve

Comment

Steve, I think you will really like them. They fit like a glove. I've got a friend in ABQ with an above the knee amputation and that's what he uses exclusively. And obviously the founder of SideStix, Sarah, has the same issue. You'll get used to them in no time I expect.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Hi Dave

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I am certainly looking forward to the sidestix delivery. Fetterman looked to have nice gear as we'll and they were also helpful but the deciding factor for me was I just felt more comfortable with sidestix staff. Again Fetterman was nice and probably very good equipment. Wish I could have both. I will come back here when I get them and report on their ability to help me. I have high hopes.

Comment

Working...
          X