ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 11-24-2019, 02:05 PM
MS Whisperer

Ah, yes. Certainly the number 1 preoccupation of any, if not all, of us.
I currently use an electric wheelchair. This past summer, I was making progress walking in the pool hanging on to the edge and the arm of my assistant in August. All was put on hold while 2 injuries , burn and laceration, healed. So, I just kept the vision in my mind and kept trying to activate the pelvis as if walking, seated or lying down in bed. I would like to try walking in the pool with forearm crutches.

Take care all, and keep on trucking!

Teena Marie
Old 12-02-2019, 06:16 PM
MS Whisperer

Teena Marie: Larry welcomed you back on the "Training" thread, so I will do so here. So delighted to have seen your posts. I also have thought of you often! I have missed your talking about not only your progress but what you visualize as you train. It's interesting that I have really been doing the same since I gave myself that talking to. Definitely helps me. I have been working especially dilligently on my short 15 second "fast walks". While I am moving far from even a slow run, I am visualizing it as a marathoner! If nothing else, it lightens my mood to keep on schedule with these segments.

I just "Re-booted" myself by reminding myself how I made all these exercises fun for myself when I was early in the diagnosis. I was a regular goofball about what I did, and how I felt about doing them. So, trying to get back into enjoying the challenge of it all. Truthfully? Yes, it is helping..... a little.. Still grumbling, but less often... Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a Journey not the Destination, huh?