weakest side changed from LT to RT !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weakest side changed from LT to RT !?

Weakest side was LT from onset 1994. Fell hard on my RT "butt" 2011 then weak side became RT--RT leg, now RT foot drop; most recently RT hand. Physical therapist said he's never seen this where the weak side flips! Anybody out there experienced a similar phenomenon. I did crack my head when I fell and had a very mild concussion. Saw neuro doc after fall due to difficulty walking and severe pain RT glutteal area--no treatment.

Funky. Haven't heard of a flip per se, but I have heard of one side catching up and then surpassing the other. I think it all depends on lesion location.

I might move this to the General forum which gets more traffic if you don't mind. Let me know!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

weakest side changed from LT to RT

Just checked in and got your response. I believe the fall may have triggered an exacerbation and despite a visit to the neurologist may have been poorly responded to by me and the doc. So since it is what it is I have done what I can to strengthen the RT. For a year now I can no longer ride my trike--RT too weak, but use a brace or Bioness device to aid dropfoot and a walker. My focus is getting aerobic so currently looking into arm ergometer. P.T. to keep my body in alignment has been a tremendous help. Thank you for this marvelous website.

Comment

Thanks! I'd also look at a Schwinn Airdyne (or similar). You can work just arms, just legs, or both. And I love my arm trike after my legs failed to keep me moving on my leg trike (which Laura now rides).
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X