Exerstrider walking poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exerstrider walking poles

A member was curious about this brand. Does anyone have any experience? The biggest difference is lack of a strap, which I really like for support. I do like their description of how they help with working your body (which all trekking poles do). - D

How it Works

Exerstride Method Nordic walking's unique total body “synergistic resistance” means working smarter, not harder and maximizing results!

Begin to experience for yourself right now how the total body “synergistic resistance” of Exerstriding works. Just take a few seconds and follow these four simple steps:
    •Raise your hands off of your computer keyboard and mouse and extend them out as if offering them for a friendly handshake on each side of the keyboard.
    •Make two fists and place them on your desk with your thumbs up.
    •Make certain that your elbows are not resting on the desk's surface.
    •Finally, sit upright and alternately press one fist, then the other firmly into the desk repeatedly for 15 -20 repetitions.
    •As you do this, notice how a wave of contractions goes through your abdominal muscles as well as large back, arm, shoulder, chest, and important “core strength” muscles contract each time you push.

As you walk while using your Exerstrider Nordic walking poles, you'll simultaneously do 1,800 to 2,200 similar synergistic contractions of all these muscles per mile as you apply a similar force to your poles with each stride. With Exerstriding, because the work of propelling the body is shared by so many major muscles, you'll· actually feel like you're working less while accomplishing much more, and with much less risk of injury. I hope you'll let me show you how to work smarter, not harder, have more fun, and simultaneously condition every major muscle (as well as your cardiovascular system) as you walk.
    https://www.walkingpoles.com/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Exerstrider poles

I have tried several types of poles but the Exerstrider poles are my favorite. I can no longer do the Nordic/fitness walking so now I just use them to get around. I would not use them on a hiking trip. I have a pair of Leki poles for that because I like having the straps for longer treks. When I was still able to Nordic walk, I found it to be a great workout. I'm sitting in an airport in Canada right now with my Exerstrider poles right next to me. Another traveler just came in with the same ones I have. I watched him walk and I wonder if he has M.S too.

Comment

Thanks for the input, Grady! Much appreciated.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Xerstrider poles

Had mine about a year now and must say feel better and more upright with them,
        Doesn't stop the fatigue coming on though.
        Physio said to me your not bad enough for two poles yet, so she gave me a walking stick I have been using it but not walking as upright as with the poles and don't feel as in control either.
        going away soon with my POLES oh and the wife(carer)

Comment

Working...
        X