New MS AP - My MS Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MS AP - My MS Manager

Hi, got MS symptoms, there is an AP for that - MS MS Manager. Has anyone tried it out?

It's put out by the "MS Association of America", which I'm not familiar with. It's not the MS Society--

I'm all for free aps and figuring out if there is a pattern to my bad days, especially since my symptoms usually creep up on me, like an insidious monster and then I eventually cry uncle and sack out for a few days in bed. (I've tried to explain it to my family/friends by making the analogy that my rest days are kinda like when grandma goes out to a dinner celebration and then needs to rest for a few days afterwards). Maybe tracking my symptoms could help me not get to the over fatigued days.

But on the other hand, focusing too much on my symptoms is catch 22 for me- it might not help and now I'm just spending all my time thinking about my symptoms!!!

Also, I know APs collect data and we give up some privacy in exchange for convenience. I use Siri/google maps all the time to find my way around town. But my MS symptoms are more intimate/private and I'm unsure if this ap could even sell the data? Their sponsors include big pharma. Am I over thinking it?

Do any of you have an ap you like for fitness or just general tracking of symptoms?

Here is link to My MS Manager
    http://support.mymsaa.org/site/Messa...0&dlv_id=85557

Hey Suebee, MSAA is a good outfit. They once bought me an MRI when I didn't have insurance. However, I would not be keen to give away information regarding my health, especially right now when we seem to be in the midst of a health care upheaval. And who really knows what happens to all of the electronic information companies seem to be so interested in collecting these days.

Comment

Thanks for info Larry!

Comment

Working...
      X