ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > Dave's SCT Journey

Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 PM
MS Yoda

That seems to be it exactly Linda, if the rituxan doesn't seem to be working it might be worth a try to switch to ocrevus.

On the improvement front, I've noticed some minor ones too. I am walking better, sometimes without a cane, although I always carry one with me on longer walks because when things fall apart, it's not pretty. I know there is some permanent damage but if the rituxan keeps the MS at bay, I'm hopeful that I might continue to see improvements. Personally I think that's a pretty big deal at my age!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:35 PM

Default Hey, I'm 70 and still expect great improvement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMFADVENTURES View Post
That seems to be it exactly Linda, if the rituxan doesn't seem to be working it might be worth a try to switch to ocrevus.

On the improvement front, I've noticed some minor ones too. I am walking better, sometimes without a cane, although I always carry one with me on longer walks because when things fall apart, it's not pretty. I know there is some permanent damage but if the rituxan keeps the MS at bay, I'm hopeful that I might continue to see improvements. Personally I think that's a pretty big deal at my age!
Actually I am experiencing more than keeping things stable. Things have gotten better. That is, the big things that interfered with my farming life. Working 10 hours a day with no periods of great fatigue and being able to function under the intense pressure of selling at farmers market is extraordinary.

The rituxan has been and is working great for me. Could it be repairing? Maybe. That is the thought hiding in the back of my mind.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Waiting to hear if Ocrevus is my next treatment of choice. I'm due for a Rituxan infusion in a few weeks, so the time to call it is now. We'll see how it all unfolds. Plan H here we come!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 PM

Default Good luck Dave

Waiting with Hope is better than waiting with Fear.
That Fear is a nasty little person. Likes to sneak up on you to startle and then runs off to hide. His cousin is Cowardice and shes another story.
Hope dresses in comfortable clothes and can often be found giving hugs and smiles. Hope is well educated.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:33 PM

Default Amount and frequency of rituxan infusions

This is a response I got from someone on Braintalk. I asked for specifics about how her neuro was setting up the dosing of rituxan because I had raised just this question with my own neuro. I am interested in more frequent dosing.

This is the information she gave me:
I see Jacob Sloane, MD, PhD at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. He said that Rituxan gets into the brain and spinal cord better at the higher dose. I just started the 1000 mg dose two times a year last October. Before that I was taking 500 mg two weeks apart every six months.