Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking

I have been walking almost everyday for the last few months. I usually walk (with forearm crutches) 5.2 or 6.3 miles at a time. Most days I walk once in the AM and once in the PM. Approximately 10 to 11 miles per day. This has changed my life. My mobility was decreasing and my weight was increasing. I have reversed both of these trends. I say this not to brag but to motivate. If a guy named Fat Paul can make these changes anyone can. Walk, ride, run, crawl or do whatever you can. You can turn the tide if you try.

Awesome! Keep moving!!

...\O/...
    Liv__Well
    ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Paul View Post
      Walk, ride, run, crawl or do whatever you can. You can turn the tide if you try.
      Well put Paul. And nice job on the walking mileage there!

Larry

Comment

Hi Paul,

This sounds pretty impressive. How long does it take you? Are you doing any other exercises? I have recently incorporated a visualization exercise into my regime to help my walking. I also walk with 2 sticks and although I have good stamina, it takes me forever to cover any distance.

Keep us posted-join us in MSer's in training.

Take care,

Teena Marie

Comment

Teena Marie, my best time for 6.3 miles is 1hour and 58minuets. That works out to an avg speed of 3.2 mph. I usually avg 3.0 mph. I am also using kettle bells. Both of these help alleviate spasticity in my shoulders and legs.

Comment

I measure my walking in number of steps but I'm going to translate this into distance. I also measure speed for walks I do regularly-such as the time it takes me to get from the elevator to the front door at work.

I'd be interested in your kettle ball routine. This is something I've never done.

I'm aiming for a speeding ticket for my walking!

Take care,

Teena Marie

Comment

Working...
            X