ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 04-19-2018, 09:50 PM

Default Love to cycle? Try converting your bike

Just felt like I had to share my enthusiasm about getting back to cycling more often and longer. I had been discouraged about riding because of frequent stops to rest my foot and worrying about holding others up. I love cycling and being outdoors. I checked out electric bikes but they were too heavy to pick up and put in my car or on a rack. I decided to purchase a kit to convert my bike to electric- loved it so much I now have my road bike, mountain bike and snow bike converted over to electric. The kit came from LEED ebikerig in the USA. I bought the 250 watt wheel kit (replaces your front or rear wheel) which was enough power for me. I think they even do a kit for recumbent bikes. I like using my own familiar bike and I can disconnect the battery and lift the bike into my car/put on a rack. Some days I even go out for a spin using just the throttle to enjoy the outdoors or to just cool off! For me it was the way to exercise more and spend more time with my friends- both of those make me happy!
Old 04-27-2018, 09:53 PM
MS Gladiator

cool! thanks for sharing idea!!!