No announcement yet.

WalkAide "friggin awesome!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, what is the price of this product? Or price-range even.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, Biddy58, I missed this. No, it does not help for rolling ankles, just foot drop. For rolling ankles, you'll want a brace with hard sides that closes tight with Velcro. I used one for months and it was very helpful. Here's an example:
      http://www.amazon.com/Active-Ankle-T...ds=ankle+brace

MeredithRX, welcome to the forum! The cost without insurance is around $4500.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Hi MSers,

I have MS and a worsening foot drop and was thrilled to watch the youtube video of the Walk Aide in action and promptly made an appt. with Hanger. I was about in tears as I was walking around with the device on in minutes after calibrating it to my foot. The worst part is the wait I've experienced since then.

I would call Hanger, leave messages, and receive no return calls. Finally after two months of eagerness I have my fitting appointment on the 14th. It is coming just in time as my foot is weaker and causes me to trip all the time. I think they need to train more technicians and somehow speed up the insurance approval process. I had to quit my job 9 years ago because of the fatigue with MS and now would be interested in learning to be a technican myself if I could help even one person receive help from this device sooner.
        Sheryl

Comment

Originally posted by Sheryl View Post
          I was about in tears as I was walking around with the device on in minutes after calibrating it to my foot.
          Sheryl, I had to read that twice, ha. At first I thought it was so painful it triggered tears, and then I read you wanted to be a rep. Heck, call them and ask them. What do you have to lose? They also may need spokespeople to give talks in communities. There may be some opportunities there. So glad you joined us!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Worth the fight

Hi,
            I have had my Walkaide for about a year and a half. It is such an incredible device. I tested it at my neurologists office with a Rep from Innovative Neurotronics. It did take some time to get it adjusted correctly. Once it was it was such a blessing. We promptly sent a request to United Healthcare and was quickly rejected. We went thru the first appeal gathering all the necessary info requested and was rejected again. We went to the second appeal and did the same and was rejected yet again. The third and final appeal was to an agency outside United Healthcare. They quickly returned a positive result and I was given a Walkaide. I can't imagine what I would be using if I didn't get it.
            I would recommend going thru the doctors office. It worked for me.
            Last edited by Toddjoy; 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Tried both

I have tried both the Walkaid and Bioness in a clinic and at home for a week or so. about two yrs ago. I don't have MS but do have spasticity from a CHT 30 yrs post.
              Form factor for Walkaid is more appealing as the unit is self contained.
              Bioness had a more "elegant" response curve and the remote allowed more control.
              Replicating the result in the clinic was difficult as I could never get the electrodes back on the right spot, even though I marked them on my leg with a marker.

Comment

I met the Albuquerque reps for WalkAide at the most recent MS walk, so it appears we'll get together for an evaluation. Still haven't heard from Bioness despite an e-mail and conversations on Twitter. Puzzled.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Walkaide

I bought a walkaide today. I tried the Bioness for 3 weeks and then the Walkaide for 2 weeks.
                  Both worked well, but I preferred the Walkaide.
                  Not having to charge every night and only one piece instead of three.
                  The only thing I preferred on the Bioness were the electrodes. They are cloth rather than gel. If the cuff gets itchy you can wiggle it around on the Bioness, but on the walkaide it is stuck to you.
                  I'm going to Europe in a couple of weeks and hope to give it a real good test.
                  Phil

Comment

Walkaide now have fabric electrodes. I've had them for three weeks now and find them much easier to use than the gel electrodes. The fabric one cost twice as much so hopefully they will last twice as long

Comment

Working...
                    X