Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEXAS: Ironman Texas 70.3 Training for MSers with Project 13 (Dec 31 deadline)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXAS: Ironman Texas 70.3 Training for MSers with Project 13 (Dec 31 deadline)

Kelly H Williamson
    3:35 AM (7 hours ago)

Hi friends!

I hope you're all doing well & enjoying the holiday season--slowing down a bit here and there! I know I'm trying to; goes too fast.

I wanted to pass along this to you all and if you could share with your personal "MS Community" that would be awesome.

We are doing another go at Ironman Texas 70.3 with Project 13, aiming to get up to 13 people on board who would like the challenge of training for the half ironman while we cover as many expenses as we can.

We just wrapped up the 2nd Project 13 event yesterday, Dallas Marathon - we had 11 people start and finish!!

4 did the full (2 first timers), and 7 did the half marathon. Was a pretty amazing day with incredible energy and a few tears shed; pretty cool to see these folks accomplish this feat in just 3 months. One woman finished the half and the last time she completed this event was before her MS diagnosis over 10 years ago.

Let me know if you have any questions on this - the deadline is a bit tight as we would like to get the people selected by Dec 31!

Thanks so much, and take care,
    Kelly

https://mfel.wufoo.com/forms/2018-me...man-703-texas/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Tri Details

Hello
    What is the date for this Triathlon? I am very interested, but have yet to complete a 70.3 ... I am new to triathlons in the last couple of years. I want to make sure I am able to properly train.
    Thank you
    Crystal Perry

Comment

Crystal, see below for the fitness requirements. You far exceed those. You gotta do it!

2018 Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 Texas
      Are you someone living with multiple sclerosis that is ready to take on an epic challenge with us? If so, start by filling out our application to be a sponsored athlete by Meat Fight Endurance Labs.

This application is for the 2018 Ironman 70.3 taking place in Galveston, TX on April 8, 2018. Athletes will compete in a 1.2 mile open water swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run. More information on the event can be found at ironman.com

SPONSORSHIP INCLUDES:
      Personal coaching provided by Durata from January 8 until race day on April 8
      Ironman entry fees are reimbursed including a one-day USAT membership if needed
      Swimming lessons if needed
      Meat Fight Endurance Labs triathlon race kit
      Meat Fight Endurance Labs podium shirt
      Bicycle and helmet may be provided thorugh Meat Bike program

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
      Doing the training and regular communication with your coach
      Transportation to Galveston
      Lodging in Galveston
      Wearing the provided MFEL race kit on race day

For more info on who we are and what we're all about, check out our website at www.meatfight.com

GUIDELINES FOR ATHLETES CONSIDERING PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT:
      In order for you to be ready for race day, athletes need a certain baseline of fitness. The following are guidelines that we have seen result in successful completion of this event. Note that we don't expect you do be able to do these back to back as one workout. You just need to be close to these guidelines by January 1, 2018 as stand alone workouts.

Comfortably get in a pool and swim 300 yards continuously
      Bike 25 miles, ideally in under 2 hours
      Comfortable running 4 miles in an hour
      I understand the guidelines and can hit these targets by January 1, 2018 *
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X